Post-Game

Stranded Champion of Portugal!! | 8-1 Vote

Post-Game

Postby Ibrehem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:01:17 am

Reading the FTC Host Commentary, I'm pretty surprised to hear such negative critiques about the game I played, more-so from Ashley and Jeff. It made me feel kind of gross ... w/e. Not taking it to heart, this is just for fun. Not that I need to, but I want to defend things you said, maybe I can change your minds? Thanks Sophie and Frank for the kinder words. <3

If you read this, I hope you enjoy.

[7/23/14, 8:50:40 PM] Jeff Probst: well i think his caryn answer sucked
[7/23/14, 8:50:54 PM] Jeff Probst: considering she asked for a long answer and he gave her like 2 sentences "we'll talk later"
[7/23/14, 8:50:54 PM] Jeff Probst: wtf
[7/23/14, 8:50:54 PM] Ashley: ibe's?
[7/23/14, 8:51:00 PM] Jeff Probst: yea
[7/23/14, 8:51:00 PM] Ashley: yeah that was weak
[7/23/14, 8:51:09 PM] Ashley: Coch gives this great answer
[7/23/14, 8:51:16 PM] Jeff Probst: shell still probably vote for him because she's a weak bitch
[7/23/14, 8:51:18 PM] Ashley: Ibe "vote for me pls we'll talk later"
[7/23/14, 8:51:46 PM] Jeff Probst: i don't know for me, if a friend fucks me over in an all-star game, it's fair game for me to not vote for them to win
[7/23/14, 8:51:56 PM] Jeff Probst: like... I'm still in the game, you voted me out so why should you get my vote now
[7/23/14, 8:52:07 PM] Jeff Probst: you fucked me, you should have known you weren't getting my vote as a consequence
[7/23/14, 8:52:30 PM] Ashley: agreed
[7/23/14, 8:52:43 PM] Ashley: you shouldn't just get a vote because you like each other out of game
[7/23/14, 8:52:47 PM] Jeff Probst: i just think that sucks to be able to utterly screw someone over who's your friend and trusted you because they're your friend and then you are expected to vote for them to win because you can't be bitter..

Caryn was getting eliminated whether I voted for her or not? This is a huge overreaction because my vote wasn't the one that screwed her out of the game specifically. As someone I knew previously from the same season of Stranded it came with a minor personal consequence. Likewise, Caryn lied to me in-game more than once (which is something I didn't even prompt her doing) and she said she felt horrible about it. I apologized for that vote and at no point did I tell Caryn to "vote for me pls", I told her to vote with her brain for who she felt played the best game. With no mention of voting for me just because we knew each other before this season. And I didn't say "we'll talk later", I said I'd work to fix our friendship post-game, something that was completely separate and had nothing to do with how she was planning on voting.

You didn't even touch on one of my favorite things I said at Final Tribal Council, which was part of my answer to Caryn. Here's what 2 sentences looks like:

Ibrehem wrote:There had to be times in the game where I made decisions that I didn't necessarily want to in my heart and with partners and friends being a part of the strategy this season it was unavoidable and abundant throughout. Unfortunately for me, someone who really values friendship.

[7/23/14, 8:55:05 PM] Ashley: Cochran is slaying!
[7/23/14, 8:55:14 PM] Ashley: Please jury, wake up and see the light <3

This a joke right? Did you read FTC?

[7/23/14, 8:59:18 PM] Jeff Probst: i also think ibe had a large advantage coming into the game with so many allies from his series
[7/23/14, 8:59:35 PM] Jeff Probst: i said it. boom.
[7/23/14, 8:59:40 PM] Frank: all...2 of them?
[7/23/14, 8:59:41 PM] Jeff Probst: and i think he relied on those friendships

Caryn I knew from Stranded originally and primarily, plus as a return from the same Stranded season as me I'm not counting her (in my series she was eliminated from the game second anyway). You guys chose to cast her in this with me. It's a card you supplied. She just happened to end up on Tapoli with me. The other person I knew ID-wise from my series was Rachel and Rachel was my choice of friend as part of the twist of this season? So I don't see how that would even matter? ...That's it. (Krypton I knew from my series, but obviously I didn't know his ID until Cast Reveal)

[7/23/14, 9:08:35 PM] Ashley: COCH TO IBE
[7/23/14, 9:08:36 PM] Ashley: <3
[7/23/14, 9:08:44 PM] Ashley: #pwnt

Is a response to this:

Cochran wrote:Holy fuck Ibe I lied to you about taking 4 hours i stopped after a halfhour because I could make the F3 anyways. Yeah maybe thats cliche but Its true.

I made every decision thinking it was my best fucking move and if that put me all over the map then so be it. But atleast I played. Seriously you we're shoved so far up marissa ass i was surprised when you didnt run off and tell her that we were voting her off. You're game was following her the fuck around. If I love to you then I can go home atleast saying I fucking tried. In my opinion you did NOTHING,

#pwnt? The reason Cochran was "making F3 anyways" was because I strongly knew I could beat him. How can you be proud about throwing the Final 4 immunity challenge? That's really goat-y to do. And Ashley, I'm pretty sure every member of the Jury agrees that Cochran's Todd Herzog comparison was completely off the mark. And how can back up what Cochran said about me being shoved up Marissa's ass when Marissa herself commented on this in Ponderosa saying that's bullshit?

[7/23/14, 9:11:10 PM] Brenda: Ibe following along with w/e others were doing is completely true
[7/23/14, 9:11:11 PM] Ashley: Coch needs a wingman on the jury
[7/23/14, 9:11:17 PM] Brenda: even right back on Tapoli
[7/23/14, 9:11:19 PM] Jeff Probst: ibrehem could just post pictures of children being abused and he would still win
[7/23/14, 9:11:35 PM] Brenda: Cochran was trying things even if they were fucking up half the time
[7/23/14, 9:11:41 PM] Brenda: Ibe was just biding his time
[7/23/14, 9:11:42 PM] Jeff Probst: thank you!!!
[7/23/14, 9:11:55 PM] Ashley: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[7/23/14, 9:11:57 PM] Brenda: but that's the game I guess
[7/23/14, 9:11:57 PM] Jeff Probst: i just can't stand caryn's assessment that cochran never made a commitment
[7/23/14, 9:12:04 PM] Jeff Probst: since that's EXACTLY ibrehem's problem

Brenda, on Tapoli if I wanted Rachel out, Rachel would have been out. If I wanted Semhar out then Semhar would have been out (that's the way things were going too at first for Sem). I 100% knew what I was doing in voting out the friend of one of my biggest allies, Becky. How can you say I didn't try anything? I also had an idol to use if I wanted. There's a difference between agreeing with an ally about plans and following plans.

I'll just say this: I voted out every single ally I made in this game except Rachel. I don't count Cochran. So of course I tried things, very risky things. And my opinion was always voiced every single round.

Jeff Probst wrote:One of the players that has stood out the most to me is Ibrehem, on the new Tapoli tribe. At first I was really worried that he would become very predictable and team up with his allies and just glide smoothly until the end of the game. That may be the case but one thing is certain, he is definitely stepping it up in terms of gameplay. He's into everyone's ear, making sure even the people on the outs are comfortable and he's really really good at it.

Thanks, Jeff. Clearly I was in a great power position on Tapoli, does that sound like a follower? If I had problems with my alliance commitments, you can blame that on this being a Final 2 and I wanted to put myself in a position to win. My allies were too good to bring all the way. My other commitment I made was to play my idol and then my talisman right away and I stayed true to that, which people told me they respected afterward. Except Becky, she told me it was dumb.

[7/23/14, 9:13:58 PM] Ashley: "You achieved making yourself look undeserving of returning. There was a survey about it."
[7/23/14, 9:14:07 PM] Ashley: and I officially want to kick Ibe in the nuts
[7/23/14, 9:14:09 PM] Ashley: 100x
[7/23/14, 9:14:39 PM] Ashley: my host comment to him
[7/23/14, 9:14:43 PM] Ashley: is gonna be so mean
[7/23/14, 9:14:45 PM] Ashley: =]

Don't worry I'm having fun with this. <3 And, lol, where's the lie?

[7/23/14, 9:21:48 PM] Jeff Probst: ibe's answer to her was disgusting
[7/23/14, 9:22:03 PM] Jeff Probst: but then he did tear into cochran pretty good
[7/23/14, 9:22:05 PM] Brenda: I feel like shes voting Ibe like 70%
[7/23/14, 9:22:19 PM] Jeff Probst: the thing that pisses me off about this is that he's the reason caryn failed this season
[7/23/14, 9:22:19 PM] Brenda: but she might just go the other way to be contrary Caryn yaknow?
[7/23/14, 9:22:31 PM] Jeff Probst: she was like 100000000% loyal to him and he really wasn't the same back
[7/23/14, 9:22:32 PM] Brenda: uaknow
[7/23/14, 9:22:34 PM] Brenda: lol
[7/23/14, 9:22:53 PM] Jeff Probst: she didn't see that and it made her a stubborn ass and she went down in flames while he carried on in ibe land

I know you like Caryn as much as I like Caryn, but look at this from my perspective. I thought she was someone 100000000% loyal to me, but she was caught lying to me twice about something so minor that I was truthful about with her right away. That was a HUGE red flag for me and I'm not the reason she failed. She told other players lies as well and got caught, that's why the merge boot was close to being unanimous. She had control of her own destiny here and she came off untrustworthy. I had literally nothing to do with that. At the beginning of this game I believe I predicted she and I would be the Final 2 and that I would win.

[7/23/14, 9:34:29 PM] Jeff Probst: <3
[7/23/14, 9:34:34 PM] Jeff Probst: i want so badly for her to stick it to ibe
[7/23/14, 9:34:40 PM] Jeff Probst: she's like his pathetic puppy that he's kicked

icon_rolleyes

[7/23/14, 9:46:23 PM] Ashley: Ibe "so hard to choose"
[7/23/14, 9:46:26 PM] Ashley: grow some balls

"Grow some balls" I think you're missing the point of Shawn's question and the kind of PERSONAL answer he was specifically looking for. Derp.

Shawn wrote:But I know you guys aren't heartless, but which vote did you think was the most heart-breaking to you personally when you slipped in that dreadful vote to eliminate them?

As someone I eliminated at F3 and a guy I didn't talk to much due to his activity, I wanted to answer this the best I could so I could get his vote?

[7/23/14, 10:03:42 PM] Frank: how to win marissa's vote if that was even necessary
[7/23/14, 10:03:46 PM] Frank: post a beyonce gif
[7/23/14, 10:03:54 PM] Ashley: gross
[7/23/14, 10:04:00 PM] Ashley: Ibe is like sickening
[7/23/14, 10:04:16 PM] Ashley: Jury Pandering: 101

Well, I wasn't trying to lose votes? Did you see Cochran completely blow off Coby's question for him that Coby spent a lot of time and effort putting together? How are you okay rooting for that?

[7/23/14, 10:15:32 PM] Brenda: coch gives good answer about Caryn deserving the chance, Ibe gives panderey one about Sem
[7/23/14, 10:15:45 PM] Brenda: "Ibe is god, Coch is pandering"
[7/23/14, 10:15:50 PM] Brenda: icon_Rolleyes
[7/23/14, 10:15:51 PM] Ashley: can i bitch em all out in my host comment?
[7/23/14, 10:15:54 PM] Ashley: ^_^

? You don't agree that Semhar deserved a spot in the finals this game? This is what you all said less than 10 minutes earlier about her:

[7/23/14, 10:08:20 PM] Jeff Probst: THAT SPEECH <#
[7/23/14, 10:08:55 PM] Brenda: Sem for all-stars
[7/23/14, 10:09:03 PM] Brenda: that is my rider
[7/23/14, 10:09:04 PM] Brenda: lol
[7/23/14, 10:09:16 PM] Brenda: also Sem for cover
[7/23/14, 10:09:17 PM] Teresa: thanks Frank
[7/23/14, 10:09:20 PM] Teresa: i understand now
[7/23/14, 10:09:25 PM] Brenda: there's some competition for the six hmm
[7/23/14, 10:09:40 PM] Ashley: Brenda YASSS
[7/23/14, 10:09:43 PM] Ashley: SEM for cover
[7/23/14, 10:09:54 PM] Ashley: and you guys were all "was Sem even good in this errrrrr"
[7/23/14, 10:09:57 PM] Ashley: yesterday
[7/23/14, 10:10:02 PM] Ashley: PWNT
[7/23/14, 10:10:11 PM] Ashley: PWWWNNNNNTTTTTT
[7/23/14, 10:10:13 PM] Ashley: =]

icon_confused

[7/23/14, 10:17:05 PM] Ashley: why should Ibe win over Coch?
[7/23/14, 10:17:19 PM] Ashley: My issue is that Coch is giving this great FTC
[7/23/14, 10:17:27 PM] Ashley: and the jury is just wiping their ass wih it
[7/23/14, 10:17:32 PM] Ashley: while they suck Ibe cock
[7/23/14, 10:17:37 PM] Ashley: and no offence to Ibe
[7/23/14, 10:17:41 PM] Ashley: but he ain't all that

icon_lol

[7/23/14, 10:21:34 PM] Jeff Probst: the thing is that ibe didn't do anything
[7/23/14, 10:21:34 PM] Brenda: :D
[7/23/14, 10:21:42 PM] Teresa: EVERY SINGLE THING is subjective.
[7/23/14, 10:21:45 PM] Frank: no it was predictable
[7/23/14, 10:21:46 PM] Teresa: end of discussion
[7/23/14, 10:21:50 PM] Jeff Probst: cochran, while he failed, also succeeded, and its because he was TRYING
[7/23/14, 10:21:58 PM] Brenda: tell me this. As of right now the Jury are all saying he would have beaten Vytas hands-down easy
[7/23/14, 10:22:01 PM] Frank: ibe didn't do anything? lol
[7/23/14, 10:22:03 PM] Sophie: SO WAS IBE! Ibe was playing too! He just didn't do it ALL OVER THE PLACE lol.
[7/23/14, 10:22:10 PM] Jeff Probst: he iddnt do SHIT

Didn't do shit? Vs. a guy who threw the F4 IC? lol...

I accomplished everything this game offered: Keeping my friend and ally deep into the game (I was the last person to have both in tact), winning tribal immunity a TON of the time and I did most of the competing for my tribes (I don't think I ever sat out once?), I got to break a tie on another tribe, I worked hard to get the Tapoli idol, I won the talisman, I won 2 individual immunity necklaces and came in second a shit load of the time in challenges, I won the tiebreaker, I formed great relationships and voted out threats at the right times and I won the game? How can you say I didn't try or do anything? That is next level delusion.
Ibrehem
Narbasi Tribe

Re: Post-Game

Postby Brenda Lowe » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:55:01 am

Hey dw about it. Every host is going to have faves and non-faves and be somewhat biased whether they try to be or not. Sometimes it gets flippant, especially in a live blog conversation like the Skypes. Cochran was equally hated on by Frank for anything he wanted to try say. It's just the way of hosting and getting invested in players.

And even more-so when the Jury was giving one player a real hard time over every little thing and magnifying them, meanwhile it felt like if you had played the exact same word for word game you would be praised for it. For example (I posted this somewhere else, LL?). The vote Marissa train had been pushed hard by Cochran and Vytas for two or three days before you got included. They tried to get Sem in and Shawn but they had their own plans. They were too afraid to go to you because you were so close to her. Eventually they had the idol and the immunity so really, they could do whatever they wanted that round. About five minutes before TC you came onboard with a Marissa vote.

At that time I thought Marissa leaving was a bad move for you - better would have been to break up the solid pair (even if they were goats), yet it was a great move for Cochran. Like, to the extent that it seemed such a random move for you it took two more rounds before Marissa even realised it was you and not Shawn that was the third vote.

But by the time FTC rolled around, you were praised upon high heaven for it, while Cochran got no credit and got shat on for it.

With Cochran already the underdog, and then the Jury just piling on him like it's going out of fashion, the natural human reaction is to push back.

As for my comments about back on Tapoli, my read was that Caryn was dictating the boots, and you would plan one thing but then buckle to her will. Yeah it's agreeing with your ally. But it was you agreeing with her plan and not her agreeing with yours :P Hayden over Semhar, and then Laura over Semhar both seemed to be Caryn's call. I believe you had even talked about how you'd keep Laura in over Sem to keep Rachel happy (and Becky? idr)? Something like that. Meanwhile Caryn was mapping out how she would straight away change the train back off of Semhar and work to re-include her and make the next vote Laura. Whatever way it went down it felt like Caryn was calling the shots.

But all this doesn't matter, results matter. And you won bitch :P

I still would have voted for you. And despite the above, I think Ashley and Jeff would have probably had to vote for you too in a Jury position. Read it again but take it as hosts hating on the Jury being so one-sidedly bitter than a critique on your game.
Brenda Lowe
Host

Postby Ibrehem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:01:46 pm

I know Brenda <3 I just wanted to leave my after-thoughts here, because it really seemed some of you guys were pulling for Cochran hard.

Let me explain the Marissa thing as best I can from my perspective. This was all about maneuvering.

Final 8: This is from my Final 8 confessional: viewtopic.php?p=6688#p6688

Yeah, Vytas was planning on voting out Marissa but he didn't approach me about it out of fear -- until I told him myself that I was looking to vote her out at Final 8. I told him without him even hinting at it that I was more than down to vote Marissa, but with the talisman she had it didn't seem to be the right time. We thought about blindsiding her with the talisman, but the other vote was Coby and I actually preferred Coby to leave this round. I had immunity and so as plans were forming to vote Marissa (if she didn't play her talisman) or Rachel (which I didn't know until right before the vote deadline), I tipped off Marissa to play her talisman (whether or not the vote was her or Rachel, I wanted to force her to play it). So hopefully the vote would be Coby like planned and then we could hopefully vote Marissa at Final 7. Unfortunately, Rachel left... Because of Vytas/Cochran. Which was a really dumb move.

Final 7: Marissa won immunity, sooo... That's why we couldn't make the move this round. Coby was still a huge danger, so he was voted out.

Final 6: This was the first time since Final 9 we could even vote for Marissa. I really thought the vote was on me, so I wanted to make myself look really desperate to make a move in order to save my own skin. I wanted Vytas and Cochran to feel like they had me with them, like I had no other choice but to make this move. When in reality I'd of course been wanting to flip the script on Marissa since Final 8 and they knew that. I could have voted Cochran to make the vote 4-2, but I didn't want Cochran gone:

viewtopic.php?p=7430#p7430

viewtopic.php?p=7437#p7437

I was the only one who said Cochran was a goat publicly in the Final 7 survey, which Cochran was kind of mad at me for, so I told him that's just what I thought EVERYONE ELSE would say and not how I felt (which was a lie, I just wanted to cover up how I really felt about him). Vytas played his idol on Cochran anyway at Final 6. The reason I jumped on board with this plan so close to Tribal was just due to scrambling time. It wasn't something I just all of a sudden went along with, I just needed to know we had the votes to pull off a move that I'd personally been looking to make as well.

Brenda wrote:At that time I thought Marissa leaving was a bad move for you - better would have been to break up the solid pair (even if they were goats), yet it was a great move for Cochran. Like, to the extent that it seemed such a random move for you it took two more rounds before Marissa even realised it was you and not Shawn that was the third vote.

Hm. I thought Marissa leaving and aligning myself with a pair of goats was GREAT for me. icon_lol

Honestly, I always thought the idea to vote Marissa out stemmed from Vytas and myself not Cochran.

As for Tapoli, the first vote was the Rachel/Hayden mess. Once Semhar told me her friend was Hayden and she wanted Rachel gone, I was immediately down to vote Hayden as far as I know? Nothing Caryn planned was going to change that because I wasn't ever going to vote Rachel. Caryn's plan for the next boot was Laura, which I had always thought was going to happen anyway? Then RIGHT before the votes went off Caryn told me she wanted to switch the vote to Rachel. Which I, of course, didn't want so I clarified and said I was voting Laura publicly and then Caryn went along with that.
Ibrehem
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Ashley Underwood » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:54:09 pm

Cochran got no credit for moves he made. You got credit for moves you didn't make.

I liked Cochran more than I liked you, regardless of the events of one challenge, and while it was obviously effective because the jury ate it up, I think jury pandering is lame *shrug*

But you won, and you get enough love from other hosts, so who cares what I think, really.
Ashley Underwood
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:55:19 pm

Ibe sucked here, that is all <3
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:55:38 pm

JK, Not a terrible winner, not my favorite but a good one. Still Cochgod <3
Jeff Probst
Host