Episode 08

Portuguese Runner-Up | 1-8 Vote

Episode 08

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:23:53 pm

Welcoem to ~tha merge~ icon_wub

Okay. Real talk. This is where the real game begins. Season after season, we see players squander a chance to win it all by playing safe and assuming they can follow their "surefire" path to the end all while playing quietly in the shadows. This is where the game is either won or lost, all while some realize and some don't.

While we aren't telling you to go batshit crazy, we're here to ask you: What have you done, or what can you do to leave your mark on this game in a way that you would expect a jury to award you with the win?

Next, let's talk numbers. We merged 5/4/3, therefore, if tribe unity runs deep, no single tribe can get a majority. On top of this, there are partnerships and secret partnerships. How do you plan to work through this complex web to make it through the next vote?

Let's talk allies. Who do you think you have on your side?

Enemies. Who is against you, and who do you want gone?

That's all for now. Talk to us and we will keep picking your brain for more!

Good luck players! Play smart, but don't forget to play hard! We're all rooting for you!
Mia Galeotalanza
Host

Re: Episode 08

Postby Stephanie Valencia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:01:35 pm

Congrats on making the merge again! Immunity too! :D So at least you know who won't be getting the merge boot treatment again. icon_smile
Stephanie Valencia
Host

Postby Cochran » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:50:27 pm

Mia Galeotalanza wrote:Welcoem to ~tha merge~ icon_wub

Okay. Real talk. This is where the real game begins. Season after season, we see players squander a chance to win it all by playing safe and assuming they can follow their "surefire" path to the end all while playing quietly in the shadows. This is where the game is either won or lost, all while some realize and some don't.

Woo!! And immunity!! Already beat my spot from last time icon_mml

While we aren't telling you to go batshit crazy, we're here to ask you: What have you done, or what can you do to leave your mark on this game in a way that you would expect a jury to award you with the win?
I may try and go batshit crazy, we'll see. I havent done much of anything yet. But I plan to do a ton. The plan is to Try and allign with everyone possible, and it seems to be working so far icon_biggrin Once I get that down, I'm gonna start going after big players. In my sights right now are Vytas, Rachel, and Ibe. Oh and Caryn also, but idk if Id call her a big player just yet.

I'm going to try and put together the moves, or even be someones pawn for a move or two. If I am a pawn for anyone, that adds them to my target list.

Next, let's talk numbers. We merged 5/4/3, therefore, if tribe unity runs deep, no single tribe can get a majority. On top of this, there are partnerships and secret partnerships. How do you plan to work through this complex web to make it through the next vote?
Tribe unity is only a thing for Limici and Tapoli. It's really gonna be those two triebes fighting over Bracari, Which is awesome, because it gives me and vytas all the power icon_biggrin I mean, i'm definitely working with Ralph, it's just a madder about how I go about doing it.

The partnerships pretty much dont madder at this point besides the fact that theres me and Katie, and Ibe and Marissa. The rest are already over tribal lines so.. Thats all fairly predictable.

Let's talk allies. Who do you think you have on your side?
Everyone, everyone minus Caryn. I could be very wrong, but thats what It looks like.

Direct allys to me are Katie, Ralph, Vytas, Coby, Semhar, and Marissa.. The rest are by association Which is about half the tribe?? So thats why I want to go with Ralph, becky, shawn, I feel like that'll entail more llys than going with the other alliance of Marissa rachel and Ibe.

Enemies. Who is against you, and who do you want gone?
Caryn icon_lol She's not really against me, I just dont particularly like her.

I want the big names gona, Vytas and Rachel and Ibe. Theyre not my enemies though, just threats.
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Cochran » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:51:29 pm

Stephanie Valencia wrote:Congrats on making the merge again! Immunity too! :D So at least you know who won't be getting the merge boot treatment again. icon_smile

Thanks Steph icon_biggrin

I'm so pumped about not being 12th you have no idea!!

PPPeter was right, Its the small victories that count icon_smile
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Cochran » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:27:50 pm

Lol Im so glad katie's getting busted.

Wouldve never guessed Caryn would have some friends icon_lol

Yknow what? Vytas is probably working with her, He's a smart dude and I think hed know noone would expect it. I'm gonna try and target her for our first vote.
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:41:31 pm

Cochran wrote:Lol Im so glad katie's getting busted.

Wouldve never guessed Caryn would have some friends icon_lol

Yknow what? Vytas is probably working with her, He's a smart dude and I think hed know noone would expect it. I'm gonna try and target her for our first vote.

Vytas and Katie or Vytas and Caryn?
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Cochran » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:51:08 pm

Vytas and Caryn. Sorry I didnt clarify that

Vytas and Katie are working together already anyways
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:23:40 am

Cochran wrote:Vytas and Caryn. Sorry I didnt clarify that

Uh Coch... they're public partners, have you not been paying attention?
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Cochran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:07:57 am

Jeff Probst wrote:
Cochran wrote:Vytas and Caryn. Sorry I didnt clarify that

Uh Coch... they're public partners, have you not been paying attention?

icon_lol I knew that.

Vytas has been telling me all along that they never talk and that he didnt give a fuck about her.

Thats where that came from. I dont really but it anymore though.
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Cochran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:58:53 pm

According to Ralph, Becky is really powerfull and is calling the shots of this alliance.

Not really sure if I buy it, or if hes just setting her up to fail. But idk.

Gonna add her to my target list for now
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Brenda Lowe » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:25:29 pm

Am I missing an actual list in here somewhere? icon_unsure

By priority of needing to be rid of, pls.
Brenda Lowe
Host

Postby Cochran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32:23 pm

1. Caryn
2. Ibe
3. Vytas
4. Rachel
5. Becky

rachel and ibe are swappable, theyre more a threat as a whole.

I doubt that i'm going to get the list in the order I want, but once caryn and one of ibe/ rachel are gone i'm gonna start planting the seed for vytas.
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Brenda Lowe » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:08:09 pm

Welp, no talismans for you Cochran ;____; Stoopi Katie icon_weep

She seemed quite integral to a lot of your plans. What's changed? What direction do you look for the boot? Did you just lose a number here and take a big hit, or are there ways to turn this turn of events to your advantage?
Brenda Lowe
Host

Postby Cochran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:31:54 pm

Brenda Lowe wrote:Welp, no talismans for you Cochran ;____; Stoopi Katie icon_weep

She seemed quite integral to a lot of your plans. What's changed? What direction do you look for the boot? Did you just lose a number here and take a big hit, or are there ways to turn this turn of events to your advantage?

Yeah right??

Honesty I dont care, I'm gonna use the talisman thing to target the other pairs now that i'm not one icon_lol

Actually she started not being that. I think coby is still with me, and I have the numbers without katie now, So rachel may possibly be the first vote off??

I really wanted it to be caryn though icon_cry

I think katie leaving is a good thing for my relationship with vytas also. She was a good ally to him, so I'm happy that he doesnt have that link anymore.

Idk, I'm very happy about the whole thing honestly, Not only does it put me a step closer to the end, I also dont have to worry about the caryn katie alliance, which could have potentially been a huge fucking problem.

So thanks Katie icon_mml
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Brenda Lowe » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:36:01 pm

Cochran wrote:Honesty I dont care, I'm gonna use the talisman thing to target the other pairs now that i'm not one icon_lol

Oh this is interesting;

So who would you want to end up with the talismans, and who would you want to break up?
Caryn & Vytas
Ibrehem & Marissa
Ralph & Shawn
Brenda Lowe
Host

Postby Cochran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:01:52 pm

Brenda Lowe wrote:
Cochran wrote:Honesty I dont care, I'm gonna use the talisman thing to target the other pairs now that i'm not one icon_lol

Oh this is interesting;

So who would you want to end up with the talismans, and who would you want to break up?
Caryn & Vytas
Ibrehem & Marissa
Ralph & Shawn

Well I mean I can go about this in two ways.

1. Help Shawn and ralph get the talismans. Makes it easy to target caryn/vytas and ibe/marissa because I pretty much have ralph and shawn on my side. PLUS If things are the same they were over on limici, then people probably dont take him too too seriously... Maybe he wouldnt be a bad idea to take to the end. so getting him there may also benefit me. Also, I'm not all that threatened by shawn at the moment. That may change however.

Or 2. I help marissa/ibe or Caryn/vytas get the amulets (whichever one is easier) and then bring there names up as threats literally all the time. Keep mentioning they have the amulets and that vytas has the idol from bracari. Or just that they have the amulets if i go with marissa and ibe. That way I can put a huge fucking target on one of the pairs backs, and hopefuly get them eliminated before they get a chance to do something about it.

I have some time to think about it, seeing as rachel might be the first boot... But I'm leaning towards option 1 at the moment.

The flaw with option two, and its a big one, is that i'll be giving a group of people that I dont want around a freebee as far as tribal goes (unless we orchestrate a blindside ofcourse)
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Cochran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:14:39 pm

So i guess vytas is worried about Ralph now??

Thinks were on the outs. Hopefully he doesnt think I'm trying to screw him over. I'm legitimately not right now.

icon_weep Looks like i may be up for a while
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Cochran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:24:18 pm

Semhar's messages are really short and it kinda bothers me.

She doesnt seem to care much about what I have to say, most people atleast pretend to give an effort.

Maybe I dont have her as the vote I thought I did.

Not gonna rely on her anymore really.
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Cochran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:35:40 am

Oh man some crazy shit just went down icon_chaos I gotta think this through.

Vytas is good man, really good. He could probably make me go into battle just to die for him.

But so is becky. Shes a smart as chick and shes much more of a problem than I thought. Ralph solidified that when he asked me if i was close to vytas right after becky had asked me the same shit. Get a better spy for you Beck!

Vytas has a good theory here. let me think it through though.

Ok so it's

Becky/Coby/Shawn/Ralph/Semhar

Me/Vytas/

Ibe/Rachel/Marissa/Caryn???

Vytas really wants a returnee gone, which makes me worry about his ass, but i'm not too worried right now. The plan is to get rid of becky. If caryn is with ibe and them and me and vytas vote with them then we have that vote in the bag.

That leaves me with

Coby/Shawn/Ralph/Semhar

Vytas/Ibe/Rachel/MArissa/Caryn

and me.

First thing I do is run back to Ralph and tell him how becky kept saying how she didnt really trust him, and how vytas kept saying that she was targeting me. Pretty much letting him deduce that Vytas played me. "What?!? I got Played?!?!" Fake rage ensues. So now I tell ralph literally everything, about vytas's idols, his plan to get the noobies back together, literally everything. New target is Vytas.

But how do I get the numbers.

Ok Coby cant be too hard, we havent talked muc since the merge started, just let him know I have his back and I wouldve told him if I knew where his head really was it.

Have Ralph work on Shawn. And then Semhar. Idk really how to get her back on my side. Tell her everything also? Idk if shed buy it. maybe I'll tell her the votes on becky right before TC. Havent gotten there yet.

It doesnt madder who they vote for really.... because it would be a tie, and I know for a fact that they wont go to rocks for vytas's white ass.

BUT. Just to solidify the numbers, I'm gonna need Caryn. She's definitely the easiest one I could get to flip, But probably not on vytas. If I could make her think shes got the control and she can pick, just to get her vote different than the other group over there... Thats make a tiebreaker not even a thing.

Question about caryn. I know katie's blunder was taken really seriously by you guys, but I know about it, so can I possibly use it to make caryn think I want to work with her.

Like if I say something like "I was really close with katie, and if she had such a high expectation for working with you then maybe we can get something together" or whatever would that be ok??

But this is definitely worth a shot. If we can get the bote on becky I will 100% do it.

And hopefully vote vytas's ass out at the next tribal. thats two peope off my bucket list.
Cochran
Narbasi Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:52:27 am

You can use that incident to bond with Caryn, certainly, but... just be careful you don't fall into the same trap of: I was in that game with you guys and I want to work with you too, or some stupid shit like that. Make sure it doesn't come across that way.

Let me say this, IF You're going to go that route, tread carefully because we really do NOT want this extending any further. We'd rather move on swiftly, however it's a big event in the game and talking to Caryn about it is warranted.
Jeff Probst
Host

Next

Return to Cochran