Game Discussion

Misery loves company.

Re: Game Discussion

Postby Katie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:02:25 pm

And can Marissa just get ENOUGH of herself already? How was Cochran your bitch the whole game when you were pretty much a nobody for the first 3 days?
Katie
Loser

Postby Katie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:04:36 pm

What the heck is the Box?
Katie
Loser

Postby Katie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:05:18 pm

OH SNAP - SOMEONE ELSE IS GOING HOME!
Katie
Loser

Postby Hayden » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:29:30 am

Shawn went from winning a challenge to being voted out in one night ...ouch..ouch..ouch
Hayden
Loser

Postby Ashley Underwood » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:29:48 am

ikr :(
Ashley Underwood
Host

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:32:13 am

Hayden wrote:Shawn went from winning a challenge the game to being voted out in one night ...ouch..ouch..ouch
Brenda Lowe
Host

Postby Katie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:58:15 pm

Cochran bringing it to FTC <3

It's a shame seeing his game get tied to Vytas so much - throughout my time on nuLimici it sounded to me like Cochran was continually putting out the fires Vytas caused
Katie
Loser

Postby Kim P » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:31:17 pm

Well this is fucking entertaining! I come back after two weeks off and Vytas and Cockstain are completely hated icon_lol I'm so happy for Ibe!
Kim P
Loser

Postby Stephanie Valencia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:52:22 pm

Vytas wanted me to show you this. :D

Stephanie Valencia
Host

Postby Kim P » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:56:12 pm

Oh Vytas icon_lol
Kim P
Loser

Postby Katie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:35:06 am

God Cochran - you're a dolt. I want to address this for everyone post game:

"Caryn got screwed early by losing someone who was prepared to be completely loyal to her in Katie. If Katie had been around I think she had enough pull to get caryn past the first vote and once she got her footing i'm sure she would've done more damage."

NO, NO, NO, NO. That is wrong on SO MANY LEVELS. Sure, I was trying to get Caryn to THINK I would be loyal to her, which is what caused me to push the whole thing a little too fast, too soon but I had ZERO intention of remaining loyal to Caryn in the short-term OR the long-term which is why I kick myself for even having responded to her initial PM. The ONLY reason I had to keep Caryn in the game was to improve the chances of someone in my alliance receiving an immunity talisman, which would turn my idol into an immunity super weapon that could blow the whole game up. If I'd kept my mouth shut and, the next day, someone came up to me and said "Oh, by the way, it's Caryn", I would've shrugged my shoulders and headed on over to my voting thread then and there. I had plenty of other options and didn't need to work with Caryn and the fact that those PMs got publicly broadcast without their proper context or framed with the knowledge of what I was attempting to achieve is very irritating. I was trying to find a way of pacifying Caryn, of preventing her from blowing up her game even further with that acidic mouth and attitude. If I could get her to just keep a lid on it and not treat the players she was meeting for the first time like pieces of shit then things could have worked, but I knew that was highly unlikely so was prepared to jettison her at the first opportunity. I just bumblefucked the communication (being in the office while you are late for a meeting and juggling 4 other things whilst PMing will help you do that), which meant I said more than I intended to and most of it came out the wrong way. I did not WANT Caryn to do more damage, it was specifically what I was trying to PREVENT..

/rant
Katie
Loser

Postby Katie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:04:34 am

Coby - Cochran is NOT your performing monkey you twat. Try having a dignified, insightful approach to this and not turn it into a facade you fool. Honestly, the way this jury are treating him has me so riled up right now. HE MADE MISTAKES - BIG DEAL. He got to the end DESPITE THESE because NONE OF YOU STOPPED HIM? Take a look in the mirror you egomaniacal douches - if Cochran was such a shitty player than how inept does that make ANY and ALL of you for not being able to STOP HIM? Honestly, you didn't even come close to getting him out of the game and yet he is the bad player?

It is easy to have a higher success rate for your moves when you make very few. Cochran made a lot of bad choices but that is because he was actually MAKING THEM. Ibe's two big choices were when to use the immunity items he had and he goofed them both,

You are all praising Ibe for having the "guts" to turn on his partner and shaming Cochran for exactly the same thing? How was he to know Vytas was not a major threat? Vytas played with a confidence and arrogance that, to a socially reserved player like Cochran, would have looked like pure dominance. Sure it wasn't, but how can you punish Cochran for not reading your minds? You're all saying Vytas was a jury goat, but Cochran didn't have that info - you all did.

You've all been blatantly unfair and too preoccupied with yourselves to look at this game objectively. I worked with Cochran from day one and I know how hard he was scrapping and how much he had to go through at times effectively managing his loose-cannon ally in Vytas. Vytas and I were also working from day one and I can tell you all now that Cochran was somebody I felt blessed to have been given as an ally. He responded to suggestion, was complimentary and contributed equally to our discussions. Sure he got rattled on occasion and flustered but I could tell he was willing to work and he wanted to do well. Not for a second did I get the impression that Cochran was happy to rest on his laurels like I have gotten from Ibe.

I really hope the jury take a second to read this and try to be open about taking in another player's perspective. The whole of Ponderosa has been a frustrating read to say the least because you've all been so quick to congratulate one another on how fabulous you were and condemn Cochran for being a poor player, but, as I said before, how inept does it make any and all of you that you couldn't take one round off slamming the knives into each other's back to deal with the most "obviously horrible" player in the cast.

Cochran - you did good mate. I've never believed in bitter juries before but I honestly cannot understand why the regret these players have in their own game turning out so poorly has manifested into a personal dislike for you but I hope you hold your head up high and know that you earned this friend.
xxx
Katie
Loser

Postby Ashley Underwood » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:13:53 am

Preach, girl.
Ashley Underwood
Host

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:31:37 am

I do think Ibe probably deserves to win here, but only by a very narrow margin. It is easy to say from the God point of view with full access, but for so much of the game Ibe was a follower. I don't think I can point to a single move and say yeah, that was Ibe's doing. Keeping Vytas at the tie-break? The idol or the talismans? Do any of those even count as a move? Meanwhile Cochran was constantly trying things. Sure 50% of them went completely awry or dead ended but the guy lived at the board to try to keep all his bases covered. Caryn's boot, Becky's, Rachel's, Marissa's, Vytas' - these are all things that Cochran had a big part in where Ibe just didn't.

The Jury will point to not bringing Vytas to the end but I don't believe for a second that if Vytas/Cochran were sitting there he'd now be getting a ton of stick for being Vytas' lapdog instead. Objectively and without the personal relations that the players had, Ibe is a bigger goat than Vytas or Cochran. So is Shawn lol. But relations are everything and it's impossible to be objective. Hence Shawn becomes a threat instead of a goat and with Cochran there to hate on, Ibe's errors get glossed over.

Still, I do think Ibe deserves the win here. But some of last night was like, Ibe is a God for doing the exact same thing that Cochran is vilified for. ~Jury hivemind~. Marissa is mocking Cochran for claiming (legitimate in some cases) credit, while at the same time claiming every move in the game as hers. Cochran answered Rachel's Question x10 times better. We'll see if that translates into a vote. I'm not going to pick through every Juror but there was a lot of bull & hypocrisy last night :/

Semhar gets a pass. Semhar was calling shit like it is for both players. <3

I would give Ibe the edge because he managed to avoid the hate Cochran accrued. Social game doesn't just mean sending the most PMs you know. Backstabbing people and still having them vote for you at the end is an art. And it's a little circular, but if you make the Jury hate you you don't deserve their vote.
Brenda Lowe
Host

Postby Ashley Underwood » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02:39 pm

Can I just point out here as well:

The jurors said Coch booting Vytas was the ~biggest mistake of the game~ because Coch would've beat him 100% apparently. Here's the breakdown - since Shawn claims to know Vytas is the biggest goat EVAR as well:

1. Cochran boots Vytas - he makes F3 OR F2 100% of the time. No matter who wins immunity.
2. Cochran boots Ibrehem - he makes F2 66.6% of the time - Vytas would take Coch, Coch would go if he won, BUT Shawn would boot Cochran and take Vytas.

Which sounds like the better strategic move when you have literally never won an individual immunity challenge?

-------------------------

Marissa was a great player but she got a head 10 sizes too big last night. She was not the kingpin she claims to be, and taking credit for everything like she did is just ridiculous. Cochran deserves the credit for the moves he made, and they were just too blinded by hatred of him to give him that recognition. Becky, Rachel + Marissa just being a trio of catty circle-jerkers picking apart everything Cochran said was pretty disappointing as well - especially given a number of things they claimed he was lying about or delusional about were in fact things he was being 100% on point about.

SemGoddess was the shining light of that tribal council. icon_wub
Ashley Underwood
Host

Postby Hayden » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:39:01 pm

is it worth reading the final tribal council??... a lot of shit to read.. I don't really care who wins, but I think Cochran earned his title! I have no idea where Ibe was half of the time..

who's getting ready for reunion?? I am I am

Hayden
Loser

Postby Katie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:55:35 am

Where are all the pre-merge confessionals? :(
Katie
Loser

Previous

Return to Loser's Lodge